Do you really know the Vatican? Who has Vatican citizenship? Which artist should we have the development of Saint-Pierre Square in the 17th century? Which Pope did the chambers of Raphael? How many characters appear in the last judgment of Michelangelo? What is the peculiarity of the spiral ramp conceived by Bramante in the Pontifical Palace?
This new Blue Guide Collection book presents the prestigious Saint-Pierre basilica and the rich Museums of the Vatican City under a new day:
- commented tours that tell you art and history in the manner of a guide-speaker.
- A crowd of anecdotes to discover the secrets of the greatest artists and architects, the intrigues between the prelates, the crimes and the debauches that unfolded at the Pontifical Palace.
- Focus to learn to better watch the masterpieces, and "small plus" to remind you over the text the benchmarks useful for the understanding of the works.
- A "Vatican in two hours" route to do not miss the essentials of the Vatican if you have little time.
- Quiz to test your knowledge while having fun. A pretty instructive and fun book, to offer or offer all culture lovers.
ISBN/EAN : 9782013959766
Publication date: 2017
Folded dimensions: 17x11cm