How many bridges account Amsterdam? Does Jordaan mean "Jourdain" or "Garden"? What passion animated van Gogh? Why are there no curtains in the windows of the Hollandan houses?
In the blue guide, the places are told. You will discover the most secret alleys of Amsterdam, its art of living Gezellig, its "brown cafes" the most authentic, and you can decrypt the hidden symbols in the paintings of the great masters of the seventeenth century or the avant-garde artists exposed to the Stedelijk Museum.
- introductions written by the best specialists to understand the history, art and stakes of this city between land and sea.
- walks along the canals and off the beaten track, with anecdotes on each neighborhood.
- Guided tours of major museums, as with a speaker.
- The best addresses to stay or find a good restaurant.
- a detachable plan of the city and detailed plans for each walk.
ISBN/EAN : 9782013959599
Publication date: 2017
Folded dimensions: 19 x 13cm