50 Museums to Blow Your Mind 1 | Lonely Planet
Shipped within 24 hours.
Thank the stars for the world's eccentric collectors; hoarders of objects beautiful, strange or downright odd. It is these documentors of the great and trivial - who want to show us all something wonderful about their collections and share the insights into humankind each of them illuminates - who have created the most fascinating, wonderful and precious museums the planet has to offer.
Boggle at the enormity of space, get nostalgic at childhood memories or be dumbstruck by the International Museum of Toilets... Whether you're a history buff, tech-head or have an inexplicable fascination with clowns, you'll find world-class collections here to pique your interest.
Never drag your heels around a dull museum again!
Then & now // History museums
- Acropolis Museum // Greece
- British Museum // UK
- Forbidden City // China
- Goethe House & Goethe Museum // Germany
- Imperial War Museum // UK
- Museum of Alchemists & Magicians of Old Prague // Czech Republic
- Museum of Mummies of Guanajuato // Mexico
- National Museum of Anthropology // Mexico
- Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret // UK
- Prison Gate Museum // The Netherlands
- Sir John Soane's Museum // UK
- Styrian Armoury // Austria
- Torture Museum // The Ne(more...)
Publication date: 2016
Folded dimensions: 5.04 x 7.76 x 1.42 in